From Feb. 15-21, Sacramento Fashion Week hits city runways over seven days filled with style-related events designed to help Sacramentans embrace their inner Anna Wintour. From three shows highlighting the region’s hottest talent to a film exhibition connecting the two creative industries, here’s a rundown of what’s going on during the city’s biggest fashion showcase. Launch and Boutique Show Feb. 15 To kick off the week-long celebration, designers will present one piece from each of their collections at this launch party at the California Auto Museum. Afterward, guests can shop the venue’s boutique showcase, which features items from the region's chicest shops, including Krazy Mary’s, Mirror Mirror Fashion and U.Be.U. Fashion Boutique. (VIP...
Now in its third season, the Good Street Food + Design Market returns this Sunday with an expanded array of chic regional designers and tempting food vendors. Organized by the Del Paso Boulevard Partnership and the events group Unseen Heroes (run by the husband-and-wife team of Roshaun and Maritza Davis), the market will once again take place in the warehouse space owned by Limn furniture founder Dan Friedlander, where on the first Sunday of every month through December, the event will offer a carefully curated merchant lineup that celebrates the quality and diversity of the region’s culinary and design scenes. This weekend’s diverse group of offerings runs the gamut from housewares to clothing to gift items, and includes highlights like children’s apparel...
Posted at 03:47 PM | Permalink
Voulez-vous Marchez Vous? Well, tomorrow is your lucky day. Marchez Vous (“you walk” in French) is the name of the exciting new shoe line by Yeardley Smith (aka the voice of Lisa on The Simpsons.) The Emmy-winning, Paris-born actress will be coming to Pavilions Salon Shoes at the Pavilions shopping center to show off her fancy footwork. With her, um, sole mission to “marry beauty with comfort,” Smith’s collection, which includes everything from seductive suede pumps to fun polka-dot wedges, features a “ridiculously cushy,” heel-to-toe insole inside every single pair, and strives to embody the following five qualities: timelessness, sexiness, surprise, wit, and, yes, comfort. For more information on Marchez Vous, click here. For your...
Posted at 11:39 AM | Permalink
- 6 new spots to #shoplocal this holiday season
- Local eye-care company launches new line of fitness-tracking spectacles
- A sneak peek at this year’s Sacramento Fashion Week
- New home design store to open in Loomis this March
- Check out these four new small retail shops opening around town
- Urban Outfitters to open new store in Downtown Commons this fall
- New clothing and accessories shop opens in Oak Park
- New gift boutique with a focus on the hip and handcrafted opens in midtown
- A chic peek at this year’s Sacramento Fashion Week
- Barbie goes dark in a new Sacramento art exhibit