Parmigiano Panko Encrusted Chicken Breasts
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes Calories/serving: 420
What you’ll need:
• 4-6 chicken breasts (enough for your family)
• olive oil panko flakes – enough for breading
• 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano – grated
• 2 tablespoons dried basil salt/pepper
What to do:
1. Trim your chicken breasts of any excess fat. Take a piece of plastic wrap and cover your chicken breasts. Pound them out with a mallet until they’re about 1/4″ thick.
2. In a large deep sided pan (I used my chicken fryer) over medium-high heat, put enough olive oil to pan fry your chicken breasts.
3. WHILE your oil is heating, place panko flakes into a pie dish (or another dish large enough to bread your chicken). Add Parmigiano, basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork. Press chicken breasts into Panko mixture, breading chicken on both sides. Continue until all chicken is breaded.
4. Place breaded chicken breasts into hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Turning as necessary. Careful not to crowd the pan (do batches if necessary) Roughly 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of chicken. Allow chicken breasts to rest before serving.